Everyone that knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of food – and especially trying out as many recipies as possible! Earlier this week I was looking for some new inspirations for a healthy dish over at Model Workout, and I found a recipy that immediately caught my eye: Eggplant with Yogurt and Pomegranate. “Well that’s an interesting combination” was my first thought, definitely something I should give a try!
Ingredients: for 3-4 people
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Eggplants
- 170 grams of Greek Yogurt
- 2 spoons of Lemon Juice
- 4 spoons of Olive Oil
- 2 spoons toasted Pine Nuts
- 100 grams of Pomegranate Seeds
- 20 fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 ts Za’Atar
- Pre-heat the oven on 200 degrees
- Half the eggplant and cut the flesh crosswise
- Sprinkle the halves generously with olive oil and add salt & pepper
- Place the eggplant on a lined baking sheet and roast approximately 30-40 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- In the meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce. Press 2 cloves of garlic or cut them very thin.
- Mix the garlic with the yogurt, 2 spoons of olive oil and 2 spoons of lemon juice. Add extra flavor with pepper, salt and 2 tl za’atar.
- Mix everything well and taste whether the sauce has the desired flavor.
- Toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven once they are golden brown. Divide the yogurt sauce over the eggplants.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and fresh basil.
I would have never thought about this combination before but I absolutely LOVE it! Do you want to see more awesome recipies? Make sure to check out Modelworkout Magazine, as well as the blog of Three Girls One Kitchen.