Who doesn’t like places which are so photogenic, you could take pics from any angle and it’s still Instagram worthy? I sure do! After extensive brunching for 2 years, I finally selected the 5 most Instagrammable hotspots in Barcelona. Keep reading for the prettiest places and the best food!
The other day I was walking around my beloved city Barcelona with Alex, looking for a nice place to have dinner. I felt like something healthy because I had nacho for lunch #ups, and I was determined to find one of those super cool veggie places that Barcelona has. We didn’t even walk down our street when we suddenly noticed this super stylish restaurant named Tia Santa. I saw vegetables growing from the walls, beautiful lamps and a very interesting looking menu for a reasonable price. YASSS. Goal accomplished.
Once inside, a very friendly waiter seated us and brought us the menus. He explained us that all of the veggies are grown in their own garden to make sure there are no chemicals in the products, and that they are specialized in anti-allergies and vegetarian food. Alex went for a Ceasar salad while I went for Asian noodles, and the food was there within 10 minutes… HOW?! The food was absolutely delicious and me and Alex returned 2 more times later that week because there were so many things I wanted to try from their fascinating menu.
I asked the waiter about this place, and he told me that Tia Santa opened up only 4 months ago and that it has been very successful. If they keep growing like this they want to open another location very soon! I don’t know about you guys, but I can see a new hotspot coming up.
P.s. Tia Santa opena at 7.30 in the morning for everyone that wants a tasty breakfast! I went for a chocolate muffin because I wasn’t very hungry, but it was deliciousssss.
I will start posting new discoveries more often from now on! Please note that I am truly giving my own opinion and I am not getting paid for this post. I just really get excited about good food and want to share that with you guys :)
Lots of Love,
Everyone that knows me knows that I am a HUGE fan of food – and especially trying out as many recipies as possible! Earlier this week I was looking for some new inspirations for a healthy dish over at Model Workout, and I found a recipy that immediately caught my eye: Eggplant with Yogurt and Pomegranate. “Well that’s an interesting combination” was my first thought, definitely something I should give a try!
Ingredients: for 3-4 people
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Eggplants
- 170 grams of Greek Yogurt
- 2 spoons of Lemon Juice
- 4 spoons of Olive Oil
- 2 spoons toasted Pine Nuts
- 100 grams of Pomegranate Seeds
- 20 fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 ts Za’Atar
- Pre-heat the oven on 200 degrees
- Half the eggplant and cut the flesh crosswise
- Sprinkle the halves generously with olive oil and add salt & pepper
- Place the eggplant on a lined baking sheet and roast approximately 30-40 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- In the meanwhile, make the yogurt sauce. Press 2 cloves of garlic or cut them very thin.
- Mix the garlic with the yogurt, 2 spoons of olive oil and 2 spoons of lemon juice. Add extra flavor with pepper, salt and 2 tl za’atar.
- Mix everything well and taste whether the sauce has the desired flavor.
- Toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven once they are golden brown. Divide the yogurt sauce over the eggplants.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and fresh basil.
I would have never thought about this combination before but I absolutely LOVE it! Do you want to see more awesome recipies? Make sure to check out Modelworkout Magazine, as well as the blog of Three Girls One Kitchen.
Hi there lovelies!
I am very excited to present this very first edition of the ‘Foodie Friday’! From now on I will be searching everywhere for the coolest bars, best restaurants, cutest bistros, and more! Basically this is just a great excuse for me to go eat outside more often, but hey it’s a win-win right?! Also I want to note that some of the visits I do are sponsored, but that would never influence the way I write about my experience! If you guys are okay with that, so am I :) Anyway, let’s get on with it! Which restaurants did I visit last month?