Don’t we all love Instagram? Such beautiful images which spread inspiration! However, there are also too many insecurities because we start to believe that all those pictures are reality. Bloggers use apps, photoshop and filters to create the perfect pic, but more importantly: they make 1000’s of pictures till they get one they like. Time to share a portion of reality, don’t you think?
After fancy resorts & beachclubs on the first day in Croatia. It was time to get our adventurous vibes on for Day #2! Hunkemöller gave us their newest festival items and we conquered Dubrovnik, wanna see?
1 Penthouse, 4 Models, 2 Photographers. Last week Generator Barcelona offered me their penthouse for a day to make some awesome pictures with friends, of course I couldn’t say no! I gathered around some awesome people and we had so much fun! Check out some of the results below :)
Yay! Who doesn’t love a good Sleepover Party? Hanging with your bestie, watching girly movies, dancing in the middle of the room, laughing till you end on the floor, going over the latest gossip, eating snacks that you shouldn’t be eating and much more! It has been such a long time since my last sleepover that I am seriously organizing a big one when I am back in the Netherlands… Who is in?
Last week I had so much fun, my sweet friend and fellow blogger Charissa Goldapple a.k.a. Lady Goldapple came to visit me in Barcelona! I tried to take her to as much beautiful hotspots as possible during the day, and party in the best clubs during the night! Long days and long nights make sure for a lot of fun, and a lot of exhaustion. But of course, bloggers wouldn’t be bloggers if we wouldn’t also do a small photoshoot together before she left!
Can you guess where we started our walk? It’s right in front of Arc de Triomf! We walked down the boulevard in the direction of Ciutadella Park. This is a great area to walk around because you can find many streetartists and skateboarders around there: they sure love the long, open streets without cars. Besides, since I’m a Dutchie I love the sight of palm trees. They give me the feeling like I’m on vacation, so happy and relaxed!
Ciutadella Park is the biggest park of Barcelona and has the most beautiful fountain as its treasure: the light blue water and the golden statues create interesting color contrasts which looks great on a sunny day. In summer I love to come here to have a picknick with friends or to read a book in the sun! On the other side of the park you can find the Zoo of Barcelona, which is also worth a visit!
You must be wondering by now… what are we wearing actually? It turned out we are both fan of the current Grey Trend and we actually were able to put together matching outfits, awesome! This look is quite basic and really easy to do by yourself: all you need is a midi grey dress, a leather jacket and an accessory such as a black hat or a scarf, et voilá! You’re good to go!
My own dress (Zara) is long, warm, straight-on, comfy and SUPER soft, I love to wear it! By wearing the leather jacket I create some more shape and the illusion of a waistline. The black scarf (S Oliver) is a playful detail to make the look more dynamic, and obviously is great for keeping me warm! The black booties (Marypaz) and the fedora hat (Mango) give the neutral outfit some extra stylish edge. Charissa’s outfit has a cute feeling to it because of the flowy bottom of the dress and the feminine necklace and well… look at her… isn’t she just adorable?! She bought her dress in an online boutique shop but now you can also find it on Asos!
These outfits were randomly assembled from our closets to make matching outfits and they look great! Cheers to the prove that you don’t need lots of money to be fashionable. Keep in mind you guys: all the money in the world can’t buy you style! Just keep experimenting and having fun with your clothes, who knows what you will get :)
Lots of Love,
P.s. All of the photocredits go to Luis Lau, it was so much fun to shoot with you again!
Last week one of my best friends came to visit me here in Barcelona, and we had such a good time! We spent our days strolling to all the coolest places of Barcelona, having good food, partying all night long… and recording everything on camera and making pictures! Christel put together a supercool video with some of the highlights and I would love to share it with you, hopefully it will bring a bit of sunshine to wherever you are :)
Some of the places you can see in the video are: the statue of Colombus at the port, Plaça Reial, Plaça Catalunya, La Boquería Market, Park Guell, Barceloneta Beach & Maremagnum… and there are so much more places to discover!
Would you like to see more of my friend Christel? Check out her Instagram, I love her fashion style and her pictures >>> @xoxchristel :)
Do you have any favorite places in Barcelona or any reccomendations of what I still have to visit? Please let me know, because I would love to get to know this city better now that I’m living here!
Lots of Love,
Sometimes it’s so hard to get up from the couch and go to fitness… I mean, I think we all agree on what is more comfortable, am I right? Especially if you have to go to the gym and it’s cold outside: Thanks, but no thanks! However, it’s super important for your body to get enough exercise for SO many reasons, as Lady Goldapple explained in her blog last week. That’s why I am dedicating this blog to all of you lazy girls to help you get your ass off the couch, YOU CAN DO IT!
1. Get Social! It’s easy to skip a workout if it’s up to yourself. Try to exercise together with a friend: it will be more fun, you can help each other with tips AND it makes it harder to cancel last-minute: your friend is counting on your support!
2. Reward Yourself: Exercising becomes way more interesting if there is a reward ahead of you once you finish. What makes you happy? If you finish your workout you are allowed to enjoy it! Do you like taking naps? Go for it. Perhaps a delicious lunch? Take your time to cook something nice and relax. Watching your favorite series? Check out two chapters instead of one! You will enjoy it more since you feel like you worked for it and really deserved it.
3. Go Oldskool: Make your workout fun by doing one of those oldskool 80’s/90’s fitness videos. They don’t take too long, have nostalgic upbeat music, and don’t forget the oh so amusing exercise outfits! Make this workout even better by asking a friend to join, there is enough to laugh and talk about!
4. Multitask: I love biking in the gym since it gives me free hands to play with my phone or read a book. The time (and calories) will fly without you even noticing! Fitness was never this easy.
5. Exercise with Daily Movements: If you don’t even feel like putting on your workout outfit, try making mini workouts out of your daily routines! Dance like crazy when you go out to party, take the stairs instead of the escalators, and clean your house like your life depends on it!
6. Create Anticipation: Do you like watching series or reading books? If you do, you must be familiar with the crazy anticipation for the next chapter… what is going to happen next time?! Try to use this anticipation to motivate yourself to workout: get an audiobook which you are ONLY allowed to listen to while you are working out, and let’s see how much more hours in the week you will spend on exercise ;)
7. Pay Yourself, Not the Gym: Instead of going to the gym, pay yourself every time you do fitness on your own. It will save you money, and in six months you will be allowed to buy yourself a present with what you have been saving! Keep your motivation strong by imagining what you could do with all that money, it will help you get through a tough workout!