2017 was an intense year, as soon as I started working for Sanoma it was a rollercoaster! During the day I was constantly at the office, learning, growing, working for the company. During the evenings (and nights) I was working for myself, following my dreams. As you can imagine, I didn’t have much of a social life going on, besides the events I was attending as a blogger at least. I definitely don’t regret anything, because I learned so much! However, after getting close to a second burnout not that long ago, I think it’s important to also set some personal resolutions for myself in 2018. Keep reading!
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!
It´s time for 2016 everyone, out with the old and in with the new. If I take a quick glance at my 2015 I´m amazed by everything that happened in one year. In the beginning of the year I was still travelling the world as a fulltime model, in summer I realized I wanted a new challenge in my life, by September I launched my very own Fashion & Creativity Blog and in October I left my friends and family behind in the Netherlands to move in with my boyfriend in Barcelona to start a new Master’s Degree and work on my career. BOOM!
I can’t help but be very excited about what 2016 will bring for me, which memories will I look back on when it’s 01-01-2017? It’s funny how it seems like time is going so fast, but also so very slow at the same time. All I know is that we have to take advantage of every day, remember: we have the same 24 hours in a day that Beyoncé has! This brings me to my New Year’s Resolutions, what would I like to change about myself in 2016?
- Be more Organized: since I moved to Barcelona I am still trying to find my rhythm
- Work less, but more Efficiently: I’m planning on scheduling ‘blogdays’ and ‘modeldays’ to spend enough time on both of my careers.
- Take more time to Relax: it’s hard because fashion never stops!
- Become 100% Vegetarian: In Spain it’s hard to find many vegetarian options so I still eat fish sometimes… but it will become one of my projects!
- Work Out more Regularly: because of my messy schedule my workout is usually not my first priority. That has to change though!
What do you think about my New Year’s Resolutions? Do you have any of your own? Give me some inspiration in case I forgot a couple of great ideas!